A lot of our customers have been enquiring about the right way of doing facial massage. So consider this as your crash course on how to do facial massage at home.
The first step is to prep your skin:
- Cleanse your hands and tie back your hair.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Moisturize your skin.
- Choose an oil for your skin.
- Steam your face to soften the pores and to help with easy penetration of oils.
- Use your fingers in circular motion to gently massage your face. You can use deep and stimulating motions if you are looking to firm your skin.
- In case you have sensitive, acne-prone or oily skin, stick to light pressure.
- You can consider using skin care gadgets for massaging like a metal roller or jade roller if you’re comfortable.
Step 1: Massaging Your Forehead
Place your knuckles between your eyebrows and move them up towards the hairline. Repeat this five times.
Step 2: Massaging Your Eye Area
Do not be harsh with the skin around your eyes as it is very gentle. Use soft and rolling movements with your ring finger. Repeat five times.
Step 3: Massaging Your Cheeks
Rest your knuckles on your cheeks near the nose bridge and swipe them across your cheeks towards the ears. Repeat five times.
Step 4: Massaging Your Mouth Area
Make a 'V' shape with your index and middle finger. Place the fingers in a way that the index finger is above the upper lip and middle finger is below the lower lip. Press gently and pull towards the ears.
Step 5: Massaging Your Chin
Place your palms underneath your cheekbones and massage towards the hairline.
Step 6: Massaging Your Neck
Finish with the neck. Massage in vertical strokes from the collarbone towards your face in an upward direction.